There are moments when a straight brew of tea offers the most comfort. Here we've added a hint of honey to one of our favourite loose leaf teas, genmaicha. Relish the notes of roasted brown rice with a hint of matcha and allow the sweetness from the honey to shine through.
- Tea steeper
- Heat safe cup
- 3.5 tsp genmaicha loose leaf
- 350 ml hot water
- 1 TBSP honey liquid honey works the best
- Measure out the genmaicha loose leaf and add it into the tea steeper. Pour in the hot water (about 80 *C) and allow the tea to steep for 2 minutes.
- Pour the prepared tea into your heat proof serving cup, followed by the tablespoon of honey.
- Stir throughly and enjoy.
Genmaicha offers low-medium caffeine and can provide the energy you need to keep a conversation going, or to stay productive.