Crafted using our assam black tea stone-milled tea powder, this version is the hack for home-tista who's struggling to recreate the strong black tea flavour and creamy texture of the authentic Hong Kong Milk Tea at home! Enjoy all the bold and full bodied notes of our classic black teas by WHISKING the Assam black tea powder IN brewed Classic Black Tea!
- Small stove top pot with lid
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Small strainer
- Bamboo whisk
- Small shallow bowl
- Serving cup for hot drinks
- 5.5 tsp Classic black tea or 8g
- 1 tsp Assam black tea stone-milled tea powder or 1.5g
- 200 ml Hot water
- 80 ml Evaporated milk
- 1 tsp Brown sugar optional
- Add the classic black tea into a small stove top pot and pour in the hot water. Make sure all tea leaves are submerged in water and not just floating on water for proper brewing.
- Place the lid on, and simmer on medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Strain the simmered tea into the shallow bowl and add in the assam black tea powder directly into the brewed tea.
- Gently whisk the tea shot until it is well combined. If you would like to add sweetener, you may whisk in the brown sugar. If not, proceed to the next step.
- In the serving cup, pour in the evaporated milk. Carefully pour the prepared tea mixture into the serving cup and stir well.Enjoy!
This elevated version of our Hong Kong milk tea is bound to be a game changer. As you whisk the tea powder in brewed tea, you are mimicking the traditional black tea aeration process that makes the taste stronger with a more full-bodied mouthfeel. Own your skills as a home cafe artist by perfecting the art of tea preparation, starting with a classic.