Immerse yourself into a sweet journey through the chocolate and caramel notes from our Hojicha Obsidian with our fool-proof recipe. Enjoy it hot or iced!
- Bamboo whisk
- A flat bottom bowl
- 12 fl oz (hot)/ 16 oz (iced) serving cup
- Microwave safe mason jar with lid (for hot option)
- Optional: Milk frother/ blender in the absence of bamboo whisk
- 2 (hot)/ 3 (iced) tsp Hojicha Obsidian Powder
- 2 (hot)/ 3 (iced) tsp Sugar White Sugar or any sweetener that doesn't have a distinctive taste
- 3 shakes Sea Salt 0.3g to be exact
- 50 (hot)/ 100 (iced) ml Hot Water
- 1 cup Ice For iced version only
- 225 ml Barista Oat Milk or dairy milk
- In the flat-bottom bowl, combine the hojicha powder and sea salt. Gently pour the hot water over the ingredients.
- With your bamboo whisk, gently whisk the ingredients thoroughly in a "W" motion until small bubbles form a layer. Add in the sugar, then whisk to combine. (Sweetener plays an important role in bringing out the tea notes)
- Hot (12oz): Prepare your milk by using a small handheld frother or milk frother, or try this quick and easy technique using a mason jar (refer to the bottom of this recipe).Pour the hojicha shot into a serving cup, and top it off with your frothed milk.
- Iced (16oz): Fill your cup with the ice, then pour your milk into the cup. Gently pour the hojicha mixture over the milk and ice.
- Give your drink a good stir before enjoying it!
- Mason jar method: fill your jar with milk and screw on the lid. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Remove the lid, then microwave the mixture for 30 seconds on high heat.
- We have an assortment of tools available in-store and online, including our own bamboo whisks!
- Shake your oat milk to ensure creaminess!