Take your matcha latte to next level with a Korean inspired twist! Our home-cafe version of the popular salted cream foam offers a unique flavour and adorable aesthetics.
- Hand-held milk frother
- Small mixing bowl
- Measuring cup
- Small shallow bowl
- Bamboo whisk
- Small sifter
- Serving cup
- 2 tsp Ceremonial matcha
- 2 tsp White sugar
- 50 ml Hot water
- 225 ml Oat milk or your preferred milk
- 80 ml Whipping cream
- 10 g White sugar
- 1-2 g Salt to taste
- Preparing the matcha latte: In the shallow bowl, sift in the ceremonial matcha powder along with the hot water. Whisk the tea shot in a “W'' shape motion and add in the sugar. With the bamboo whisk, whisk until it is well combined and a small layer of foam appears.
- Pour the prepared tea shot into the serving cup. Prepare the frothed oat milk with the milk frother, then pour the milk over the tea shot. Set aside.
- Preparing the salted cream foam:In the mixing bowl, pour in the whipping cream, white sugar and add in a pinch of salt.
- Using a milk frother/ handheld mixer, whip the mixture until it resembles a creamy texture that is still pourable.
- Assembling the drink:*IMPORTANT STEP* Smoothen out the surface of the foamy matcha latte then lightly sift a ¼ teaspoon of matcha powder over the latte.
- Pour the cream mixture into the center of the matcha latte in a small circular motion. There you have it, your own matcha donut latte with salted cream foam. Enjoy!