Cherish the taste of the holiday season year round with this fun and minty concoction.
- Small heat-proof bowl
- Flat bottom bowl
- Small sifter
- Bamboo whisk
- Serving cup
- Milk frother or mason jar with lid
- 2 tsp Ceremonial grade matcha
- 1 TBSP White chocolate chips
- 2 drops Peppermint extract
- 50 ml Hot water
- 225 ml Oat milk or your choice of milk
- In the heat proof bowl, add in the chocolate chips followed by a splash of oat milk. Place it in the microwave and heat it at 10 second intervals until all the chocolate has melted.
- Add in two drops of peppermint extract into the chocolate mixture and stir until it is combined, then set aside.
- Gently sift the matcha powder into the flat bottom bowl and pour in 50ml of hot water.2 tsp Ceremonial grade matcha
- Whisk in a "W" motion until a small layer of foam is present, then set aside.
- With your milk frother, prepare a cup of frothed milk. Scroll to the bottom of this recipe for the mason jar method.
- Grab your serving cup and add in the chocolate mixture as the first layer, followed by the frothed milk. Top it off with the prepared matcha shot, and give it a good stir.
- Mason jar method: fill your jar with milk and screw on the lid. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Remove the lid, then microwave the mixture for 30 seconds on high heat.